|UCTS Central Tube Ranges|
|Tube OD : 4.75mm – 18.5mm|
|Blades : One full revolution of thumb knob dial is 1.25mm of blade movement|
|Small Slitting Channel : Tubes 4.75mm to 10.5mm|
|Large Slitting Channel : Tubes 12.5mm to 18.5mm|
|UCTS-001||Universal Central Tube Slitting Tool|
|UCTS-001-BLADE||Universal Central Tube Slitting Tool Replacement Blades|
UCTS Helpful Hints
Before setting blade depth always retract blade to the “0” position by turning clockwise (see Figure 1). Then turning counter clockwise (direction of arrow) to the selected blade depth setting.
When slitting tubes, firm consistent pressure (squeeze) is needed to open tube correctly. Excessive pressure could cause the tube to collapse or become out of round and therefore making inconsistent cuts. When inserting into the tool, keep tube as straight as possible in the channel. Make a short slit to confirm proper blade setting. Due to some tube variation you may need to further adjust the blades in or out (see Figure 2).Figure 2:
- Technician Friendly, Ergonomically Designed Handle for Easy Grip.
- Cost Saving Replacement Blades
- Flexible Design, Ideal for Both Mid-span & End Access.
- Facilitates Slitting Central Tube Longitudinally and Also Makes Precise and Clean Ring Cuts.
- Adjustable Depth Blades and Rotating Tube Jaws to Accommodate Multiple Tube Sizes.
- Enables Quick Fiber Access and Works on All Central Tube Sizes from 4.75 mm to 18.5 mm.